REPORT CRAIGSLIST MOTORCYCLE SCAMS
EBAY MOTORCYCLE SCAMS
REPORT MOTORCYCLE SALE SCAMS
Help to prevent fraud by reporting if you have been the victim of a Craigslist, Ebay or other online motorcycle sale scam. You can help to put scammers out of business by adding to our list of tips that will help our biker friends to help stop anyone that is working a Craigslist motorcycle scam right in their tracks.
As we all know, any method of online theft or fraud prevention is never 100% foolproof. There's always a crook (read: thieving bastard) that can make end runs around any precautions that we put in place. But there are ways to reduce the numbers of scams and one of the best is for the biker community to share information.
REPORT MOTORCYCLE SCAMS
SCAMS TO AVOID
Click below to GET WARNINGS OF MOTORCYCLE SALE SCAMS...
USE ONLINE ESCROW SERVICES TO WEED OUT THE CHEATS!
- Please note, gogcycles.com or SMD,LLC do not offer "Payment Protection" services or "Verified Seller" services of any type just suggestions on how to spot motorcycle scams, prevent fraud and tips on using online escrow services to avoid being cheated.
- Never accept a cashier's check that is over the price of the item on sale. Do not assume that because the bank has cashed the check for you, it is a legitimate check. Cashier checks take 30 days to determine if they are legitimate.
- Be more suspicious if you are requested to handle a transaction through a wire transfer.
- Be aware of individuals posing as a representative of a client.
- Call the seller to see if the number is correct and working.
Reconsider doing business with individuals who are reluctant to answer your questions.
- Take precautions when dealing with individuals/companies from outside your own country.
Watch out for individuals who only want to communicate via e-mail.
- Try to obtain a physical address rather than merely a post office box and a phone number to prevent fraud.
- Make sure you are purchasing merchandise from a reputable source.
- Inquire about returns and warranties.
- When purchasing a vehicle outside of your local area, consider utilizing an escrow or alternate payment service.
- Don't give out your credit card number(s) online unless the site is a secure and trusted site. Sometimes a tiny icon of a padlock appears to symbolize a higher level of security to transmit data.
Before using the site, check out the security/encryption software it uses.
Make sure the transaction is secure when you electronically send your credit card numbers.
- Email the seller to see if they have an active email address and be wary of sellers who use free email services, such as yahoo.com.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau from the seller's area.
- Check out other web sites regarding this person/company.
Be guarded when responding to special offers (especially through unsolicited email)
- The safest way to purchase items via the Internet is by credit card because you can often dispute the charges if something is wrong.
- You should also keep a list of all your credit cards and account information along with the card issuer's contact information. If anything looks suspicious or you lose your credit card(s) you should contact the card issuer immediately.
PREVENT FRAUD AND GoGoCycles Used Motorcycles for Sale SCAMS REPORT EBAY AND CRAIGSLIST MOTORCYCLE SALE SCAMS WHEN YOU SEE THEM!
Disclaimer: If you feel that you have been unfairly accused of being a scammer, you are welcome to tell your side in the comments section of the complaint or to request that the accusation be removed while under investigation. GoGoCycles Used Motorcycles for Sale should be held harmless and not responsible for any accusations.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network such as the ones to your left on this page as well as Amazon and others. Please see our Affiliate Disclosure page for more information.